Visiting Physicians Association (VPA) proudly offers full-service laboratory testing, adhering to the most stringent nationals standards. The VPA laboratory provides the highest quality testing that is available. Our dedicated staff of lab technologists currently performs more than 3.0 million diagnostic tests annually. Laboratory services also include screenings that can be completed in the the home.
- Accredited by The College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Fully licensed as an independent laboratory under the federal Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Specialty Program - Mail delivered lab screening kits completed in the comfort of home.
The VPA laboratory offers the LAB2U self-administered lab screening program for health plan member populations.
The LAB2U Program is designed to help close gaps in care and improve HEDIS® measures and CHAPS® scores. The results of these tests can help members stay healthy, manage their long-term chronic illness, improve their experience with the plan, reduce the cost of care, and in some cases improve revenue to the health plan.
- Convenient for member to complete, right in the comfort and privacy of their home
- Client specific outreach materials to enhance engagement
- Dedicated staff available for telephone support
- Escalation process in place to alert case management of abnormal results
- Result communication to plan, member, and PCP within 5 business days
The program currently offers the following self-administered monitoring and screening tests:
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
Full Range Laboratory Testing
We perform testing to help manage some of the most common disease states including:
- Cardiac Conditions
- Coumadin Monitoring
- UrinaryTract Infections
- Nutritional Disorders
- Thyroid Disease
- Preventative Screenings
- Liver Disease