Compassionate Care, Bring it Home... Join the Nation's Leader in Home-Based Primary Care!
If you are a Family Practice or Internal Medicine Resident interested in making a real difference in your life and the lives of patients, we invite you to explore a rewarding career with Visiting Physicians Association (VPA).
At VPA, we also invest deeply in providing educational and information programs for Residency Programs across the country.
Expand the sections below to learn more.
If you would like a practice environment where you could spend more time with your patients, take a closer look at Visiting Physicians Association (VPA). We are the leader in providing state-of-the-art, home-based primary care for the elderly and homebound. We have over 40 offices in twelve states, treat 50,000 unique patients annually and are growing at a rapid pace. VPA requires physicians who truly share our passion for what we do.
- Our model, based on shared savings and keeping patients healthy and out of the hospital, is the future of healthcare.
- We offer the clinical challenge and gratification of caring for those with the greatest need.
- You’ll have more time to spend with patients and develop meaningful relationships,in an environment rooted in patient-centered care.
- You’ll receive excellent New Provider Orientation, including meeting our leadership, learning best practices and participating in a comprehensive training experience.
- We’ll ease you into the house-call model by slowly ramping up the patient load and provide ongoing support through educational meetings and weekly clinical community sessions.
VPA is pleased to provide a comprehensive benefits plan that takes care of the people who take such tremendous care of our patients. Features include: malpractice insurance, medical and prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, FSA, Basic Life/AD&D, optional and dependent life insurance, disability, 401(k) and 409(a), CME and PTO.
We offer the following program topics in a variety of settings to accommodate your program structure and needs:
CV Writing & Format - "Developing a CV That Will Capture the Attention of a Prospective Employer"
Residency Timeline - "What To Do & When To Do It"
Interview Techniques - "Guide for How to be Prepared When Talking to Your Prospective Employer"
Tips and Advice - "Mistakes to Avoid When Coming Out of Residency"
Finances - "Managing your Finances Post-Residency"
Life After Residency - "What Your Practice & Medical Director Wants You to Know"
Contracts & Employments Models - "What to Look for in a Provider Agreement“
Addressing Opioids - “Responsible Controlled Substance Prescribing”
The Job Search - “Tips and Resources to Explore Job Opportunities”
For more information on our career opportunities or our practice management topics for residency programs, please complete the quick form below:
Jenny Garver, DASPR, CHCC, CPM | Residency Program Recruiter
Jenny is a seasoned recruitment professional with 28 years of experience in the field. Her background includes multiple industries with emphasis in health care. Jenny has over 10 years of expertise in physician recruitment, working with small independent companies as well as large nationwide health systems. Her expertise extends beyond recruitment as she has had a key role in establishing residency educational programs.
Contact Jenny directly at: